Thursday, November 21, 2013

RAINDROPS & FRUSTRATION

I am experiencing a mixed bag of emotions today. I am both happy and frustrated at the same time. The happiness comes from the fact that I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of a nice gentle rain dripping off the awning. Rain is one of my favorite things. Some of my best memories are of walking in the rain - warm rain that is. Today's rain is not in that category as it is only 58 degrees (F).


Not surprisingly, my first novel - the first in the Jake & Maggie Maguire Book Series - is called Summer Rain. I had that title before I even started to write the book. The second book in the series went through several titles - most of which referred to weather. When I ended up with a working title of Miami Heat for the third book, I realized I was getting into a weather rut. And yes - I knew I couldn't use Miami Heat for the title. That one is now titled Midnight in Miami. So the rain is what has made me happy today.


The frustration is coming from having trouble installing a photo software. We installed it the other day - it wasn't working right - I sent an email to the manufacturer - and was told I'd have to wait a few days for a reply. So I went about my life for those few days and did other things. When I finally got a reply, I went to open the software and discovered that it had disappeared - completely! Not only were the on screen icons gone, it was nowhere to be found in the programs. Decided to walk away and try it again the next day.


So this morning we installed it again, this time on an external hard drive to make sure there would be plenty of room. We got further than we did the last time, but alas - a few minutes later - it disappeared again. If you're thinking "operator error" - I'm sure that's possible, but it's not the first time we've installed software. 


Are we frustrated? That's putting it mildly. We'll try again later - that's if I don't walk off into the rain. So there you have it - my mixed bag of emotions.


Thanks for reading. See you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment