Monday, November 11, 2013

BURN OUT

I usually have my post written a day or two in advance - ready to publish on blog day. Today, however, I had nothing ready to go and worse than that - nothing I felt like writing about. After two months of intense self learning on the internet, I felt my brain needed a well deserved rest. So I spent the weekend doing nothing much besides watching needless movies (all feel good - everyone lives happily after) movies.


Trouble is now my brain doesn't want to get back into working gear. Maybe I need more than a weekend to unwind. After all I did accomplish quite a bit on my platform list. I created my Facebook page, and although I'm not getting a hundred "likes" a day like I would if my page was about erotic romance or cats, it's slowly growing. I'm up to 88 "likes" and am very grateful for each and every one.


I'm up to 80 followers on Twitter. Yeah, I know, that's nothing compared to some people who have thousands and thousands of followers. But I'm not actively tweeting. The only tweets that go out are from having my Facebook page connected to Twitter. I still don't get the value of the whole tweet thing.


LinkedIn has been more active since I updated it, but I haven't been reading books lately, so I haven't contributed to Goodreads.


I spent a lot of time as an Admin in a new writing group, plus I started this Blog and have been consistent with two posts a week.  I also got my website up and running the other day (although the content is minimal at this point). Here's the link if you care to check it out: http://joanharrisjh.wix.com/joan-harris-author. 


So I'm feeling a bit of Internet burn out. Now it's time to give Summer Rain a final read and polish, then it will be time to get published. Still hoping to complete that before the end of the year. Thanks for reading. See you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment