Tuesday, January 7, 2014

SCENE SNIPPET #3

Here's something a little different today. I've started to share scene snippets from my soon to be published novel "SUMMER RAIN" on my Facebook page "Jake and Maggie Maguire" (my main characters in the series). You'll find the first two scene snippets on that page.


Scene Snippet #3: 

Jake smiled as he held the door open for the young woman. She was stunning in her red dress and high heels. He couldn't take his eyes off her as he got in line for his morning coffee. Turning to him she said, "Is it always this busy?"

 

"Usually," Jake replied. "It's a very popular place. After all this is Newport Beach."

 

"I'm supposed to meet a friend here," she said. "I hope I can find him in this crowd." As she looked around the coffee shop, her long blond hair flipped up and caught the tip of his nose. She smelled of strawberries.

 

Jake couldn't help himself, "If you don't find him, I'd be happy to share a table with you." She gazed back with a warm smile. He wondered what she was thinking. Probably something along the lines of - Why is this guy flirting with me? Doesn't he know how old he is? Although he is kind of cute, with those sparking blue eyes and touch of gray. Very distinguished actually, in a casual way, and not in bad shape either.


Thanks for reading. See you in a few days.

 

BTW - If you'd like to read the first two scene snippets, you can see them on my author page at:  https://www.facebook.com/joanharrisauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment