Monday, October 28, 2013

FINDING BALANCE

I have been doing so much research lately, that I am now suffering from Internet overload. I feel as though my brain is going to burst. So it looks like it's time to cut back and regain balance in my life. Like I've said before - when I'm learning something new, I throw myself into it and focus until I learn it. But there comes a time when you just have to slow down and let things catch up with you.


This is that time. I'm putting my web research on hold and playing catch up with the realities of life - things like housework, laundry and spending time with my family. Besides, the seasons are changing - daylight savings will be changing back soon, and the weather is erratic. We even woke up to rain overnight, not a normal occurrence in southern California this time of year. 


And the other thing is - I'm thinking of changing the topic of my blog. I don't seem to be content sticking with one topic. Maybe I should just write about whatever is on my mind on blog day. I know there will always be plenty to write about when it comes to the internet, but to be honest, I really don't enjoy writing about it. I'm a fiction writer. I don't like the reality of talking about high technology. It's bad enough I have to challenge myself to learn it. Why do I have to torture myself more by writing about it!


I'll let you know in advance if I change my topic. In the meantime I'm going to try to find a little balance in my life. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment